Thursday, September 8, 2011

Taco Dip

I have loooved this recipe since I was a little kid. I remember taking it in my lunch as leftovers on those lucky days.

I still enjoy it and I've found I can enjoy it even more now that I've lightened it up a bit.

Taco Dip

8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
16 oz fat free sour cream
1 lb (93/7) ground beef
16 oz Ortega taco sauce (I only use about 3/4 of bottle)
Shredded lettuce
8 oz reduced fat finely shredded cheese
Diced tomatoes, optional

Cream sour cream and cream cheese. Spread onto bottom of a platter.
Brown ground beef. Add taco sauce and heat til warm. Layer over sour cream/cream cheese.
Top with layers of lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.

Scoop up dip with baked tortilla chips. Enjoy! Oh, so good.

1/6th of dip is about 9 points plus.

***********************************

I ran across this in a book I am reading and thought I would share it.

"In the original language, the word for kindness carries an added idea the English word does not. Chiefly it refers to an act of grace. But it also refers to a deed or person who is 'useful, serviceable, adapted to its purpose.' Kindness was even employed to describe food that was TASTY as well as HEALTHY. Sounds odd to our ears. 'Hey, honey, what a great meal. The salad is especially kind tonight.'
But the usage makes sense. Isn't kindness good and good for you?"

-A Love Worth Giving by Max Lucado

I thought of my healthy-tasty recipes when I read that and smiled. Just an interesting tidbit for your day. :)

No comments: