Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mpact Girls and Royal Rangers

Tonight is the first night of Mpact girls and Royal Rangers at Waukesha First Assembly. Rainbows start at 3 years old and the programs run through elementary school. If you've never heard of these programs or considered taking your child, look into it. These are excellent programs for kids that teach them Biblical truths.



This year I am going to teach 3rd grade Stars. I've taught it in the past but it has been many years. I'm a little nervous. Teaching Rainbows is fun and all of the kids think you're great at that age. As they get older and in school, kids are less easily impressed. Especially girls. Gulp. I'm sure it will be fine.



I'm also nervous because while Rainbows is basically crowd control and letting the little ones know that Jesus loves them, 3rd grade is an age where kids should be seriously thinking about making a commitment to Christ and learning what it means to be a Christian. That's important stuff. I pray I am able to love on these girls, answer their questions, and above all else, be a good role model for them. Please pray with me that I have a positive impact on their lives this year.



If you've ever been interested in helping out on Wednesday nights, let me know. I can get you in touch with the Mpact coordinator (she's my mom ;).

No comments: