Friday, September 16, 2011

COURAGEOUS

The other night my husband and I had the privilege of seeing a screening for the new movie COURAGEOUS coming to theaters September 30. 



Oh my goodness! This movie was excellent. I know I've totally promoted the movie Soul Surfer over the last few months but I must say, I think I liked COURAGEOUS better. Gasp, I know. 

While Soul Surfer had a bunch of well known actors in it, COURAGEOUS was filled with mostly unknown actors. (There were a couple members of America's largest favorite family in a short scene, though.  Watch for them. :) This movie was made by the same people who made Fireproof and they used some of the same actors. 



I'm trying so hard not to give any of this movie away because I hate that when people recommend a movie to you and then proceed to tell you all of the best parts. My lips are zipped. 

I will tell you that your husband will enjoy this movie. He NEEDS to see this movie. COURAGEOUS is a call to action for our men. And yet, I felt moved to action as well, as a mom. 



Bring your Kleenex. I laughed til I cried (it seriously is hysterical in parts) and I was moved til I cried.

It has action scenes that will put you on the edge of your seat.



It's not really a love story and yet it is.

I wasn't really sure what to expect going in to this movie. It really surpassed my expectations. 

Please take your husband to see this movie. What a great date night! You will enjoy it, I promise. 


Here is the music video to the song Courageous by Casting Crowns:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCZjbQ6X2A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: