Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brownies

I love a good brownie! Fudgy, chewy, yum!

Well, I tried making a brownie mix with applesauce and egg whites. Yuck! They did not turn out that great. Disappointing.

I ran across this recipe and tried it and can I say Yummy!?

Brownies:

1 box of devils food cake, chocolate cake, or brownie mix (I used devils food but next time I'm going to try a brownie mix)
15 oz can of pumpkin

Mix together and bake according to box directions except reduce baking time 5 mins.

I sifted powdered sugar over the top. Very delicious!

1/12th of 9x13 is 5 points plus (varies depending on the mix you use, pumpkin is 0)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I tried the brownie mix with pumpkin. Eww ... The consistency is rubbery and you could taste the pumpkin. My advice: stick with the devils food cake mix. :)