Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Library Fun

I love the library! Not just for the obvious reason (books) either. I love the Waukesha library because they have amazing children's programs that are always free! Good, safe entertainment for my kids. Free. What's not to love?



They offer fun activities that go with the "theme" for the season. In October, they are hosting a Mystery Scavenger Hunt.



One of my favorite programs at the library is storytime. There are registered storytimes for children of a specific age. You need to register ahead of time and then you can participate in a smaller group geared for your child's specific age. There are also drop-in storytimes where you can show up as you please. On Friday afternoons from 1:30-2:00, they have storytime available for all ages. I have gone off and on over the years to Friday storytime and it's always been a lot of fun. I'm going to try to take my boys again when it starts up this Friday, September 9.



One last thing they have are shows for the kids when they are off of school. At the end of October, they are having a live, interactive show with drama, puppetry, games, and songs presented by the Milwaukee County Zoo and Kohl's Department Stores. They start handing out free tickets to the shows 45 minutes before the show starts and seating is limited. The shows are usually very entertaining.

I hope you check out all of the fun that the library provides. If you are not in the Waukesha area, look into your hometown library for programs they might provide.

No comments: