Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Letters of Thankfulness

At Waukesha First Assembly, Pastor Todd has been doing a series on "Thanks Living." It has been so good and really put things into perspective for me. 
 
On Sunday, he shared some wonderful ideas on how to have a grateful heart during his sermon. One idea was to start a book and have everyone in the family take a page and write what they are thankful for in it every year.

Another was to write letters to your children each Thanksgiving telling them that you are thankful for them and why.  He said to give one copy to your child each year and put another copy in a book. They both reminded me of my "mom book."

I've never been very good at being meaningful over the years. This year I have really seen the importance and have been trying to do some meaningful things for others. This is another great way to do that. 

I'm going to write letters to my kiddos this year. I feel bad that my daughter had to wait 10 years before I started this but I plan on continuing until they are parents and grandparents themselves. 

I am so thankful for my children and I think it's time they know it. Who knows what a difference this could make in their lives? Or my life? 

I encourage you to start meaningful traditions with your children, too. The newest video game or Barbie doll is great but your time and words of affirmation are priceless. They truly are the gifts that keep giving. 

No comments: