Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Bars

I had been meaning to try these bars for a while now but knew I needed something else to give them some pizzazz.

I found the sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix and decided to give it a try. I was looking for a cream cheese-like frosting and I think it did the job well.

I love how moist the bars are and am completely intrigued by the wonder of canned pumpkin.

Pumpkin Bars

1 box of Spice cake mix
15 oz can of pure pumpkin

Frosting:
1 4-serving sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 cup skim milk
oz. Cool Whip free

Mix cake mix and pumpkin together. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan (with cooking spray). Bake according to directions on box but reduce baking time by 1-2 minutes.

Cool completely.

Stir pudding mix with milk until it starts to thicken. Add Cool Whip and stir until completely blended.

Spread on top of cooled bars.

1/12th = 4 points plus

No comments: