Saturday, November 12, 2011

What I Ate

As I mentioned last week, being prepared and thinking ahead really helps in those "help, I'm hungry NOW!" situations.  I keep a stock of snacks on hand and in my purse for those times when I want to reach for a candy bar or bag of chips or anything within reach.

Without much fuss, I can eat one of these snacks and calm the hunger raging inside or just tide me over until the next meal.

Snacks are a necessary part of dieting.  When you wait too long between meals, your empty stomach can take over your head causing you to overeat or choose unwisely at mealtime.  So, snack away!  Don't feel guilty if you are choosing healthy, low-point foods.

Here is my list of low-point, yummy, go-to snacks:

*fruit (you can't go wrong with 0 points plus)
*Special K 90 calorie fiber bars - 2 pp (chocolate and chocolate pretzel are my favorites)
*Kellogg's caramel coconut fudge fiber bars - 3 pp (think Caramel Delites girl scout cookies - yum!)
*100 calorie PopSecret kettle corn - 3 pp
*10 Special K multigrain crackers with a WW string cheese - 3 pp
*10 Snack Factory garlic parmesan pretzel crisps - 3 pp
*14 baked tortilla chips with salsa - 3 pp
*yogurt - 4 pp (I eat the non-diet variety but it is worth every point in my book)
*1/2 cup cottage cheese with raspberries or pineapple or canned sugar free peaches - 3 pp


A day of What I Ate:

Breakfast
5 - 2 frozen waffles with strawberries and cool whip free

Snack
2 - fiber bar

Lunch
5 - Smart Ones fiesta quesadilla 
3 - 14 baked tortilla chips and salsa

Snack
0 - apple

Dinner
13 Cousin's cheesesteak sub

Dessert
3 - Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp peanut butter candy bar

No comments: