Saturday, October 29, 2011

What I Ate

You've all seen those ever-popular What I Wore posts, right? I've decided to start What I Ate posts on Saturdays. 

I know I've mentioned on here that I joined Weight Watchers (WW) last spring, and I post healthier recipes every week but I really don't talk much about it otherwise. I guess I didn't want to bore you and also I didn't want to jinx things for me. :) 

I've been asked a lot recently, though, about my weight loss and how I do it. Others who have also joined WW ask me "but, what do you eat?" This is where I will answer that question and share any tips I may have picked up over the week.

Please feel free to ask questions in the comments, or email me if you'd rather be anonymous, and I will do my best to answer them the following week. 

I apologize if this will be a total bore to some of you ... I didn't want to create another blog just on weight loss and yet I wanted to address some questions I've been getting without taking away from my usual mommy stuff.  So I added another day of posts ... because I'm crazy like that. :)

I hope this is helpful because I would love to help you or motivate you on this difficult journey called weight loss!

I'll start today with my weight loss story ...

I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight and my self image. Even at my thinnest, I thought I was fat. (I look back and want to slap my young self.) 

After I got married, I put on some newlywed weight. Ugh. Then I put on 50 lbs while pregnant with my 1st child. After having her, I lost 35 lbs of it. (Do the math ...)

With each pregnancy my weight yo-yoed (I usually ended up losing weight during pregnancy because of gestational diabetes but made up for it after when I could eat again). The biggest cause of my weight gain was due to some medication I was taking for my anxiety (that, and the fact that I would eat my emotions. Happy? Bring on the food! Sad? Bring on the food!! Stressed? Bring on the food!!!) And that is the quick version to how I became this person I didn't even recognize anymore. 

Thankfully, a dear family member got me started on WW and what a journey it has been!

I joined Easter weekend. As of last Saturday (my weigh in day), I've lost 54.2 lbs!!! Crazy! I haven't weighed this low since I was pregnant with my oldest. I still have a ways to go but I'm in it for the long haul. 

I take it a day at a time and realize I am much better off today than I was yesterday. 

When I started, I bought myself a charm bracelet with one bead on it (my birthstone). With every 20 lbs I lose, I buy another bead. It's something fun (because fun is good) and it marks my progress in a visible way. 

Everyone is different and different things work differently for everyone. But if you are struggling with your weight and can't seem to be successful in losing weight, I would recommend trying WW. (They are not paying me for my opinion, I just really believe in the program.) I have never been this successful at losing weight before. I have 3 close family members who have joined me and we've lost about 120 lbs combined. That's outrageous! It's like we've lost a whole extra family member. :)

God is good and He truly is the one who deserves all of the credit! I KNOW I could never do it without Him. 

I'll end with a day of What I Ate.

Breakfast 
4 - peaches n cream instant oatmeal  

Lunch
5 - Digiorno 200 calorie pizza 
3 - baked chips and salsa  

Snack 
4 - vanilla yogurt with strawberries and raspberries

Dinner
4 - 4 oz (93/7) hamburger
1 - slice of low fat provolone cheese
4 - sun chips
2 - single serving Green Giant corn with butter sauce

Dessert
4 - Skinny cow ice cream sandwich

No comments: