Monday, August 1, 2011

Healing

Over the weekend I received an email from Hallie's teacher from the past two years. She is the woman who invited Hallie and I to the mother/daughter book club. I think the world of this woman. She is an amazing teacher and just a wonderful person. I look up to her and was absolutely thrilled when she wanted to include us in her group.
 
The email she sent me really took me back. She thanked me for a fun evening the other night. Then she said she thought I was so creative and her husband, who is not easily impressed, was impressed with all of my ideas and ended the email with calling me Oh Talented One.
 
I thought Wow, really? You really think that?
 
See, I have let the enemy tell me lies about myself pretty much my entire life. Lies concerning my body image and my talents, or lack thereof, and basically just my worth. These lies have robbed me of so many experiences and years of my life.

It doesn't help that I have a perfectionist mindset. It's all or nothing. If I can't be the best, then why try?
 
The combination has been deadly. Literally, it has killed relationships, as well as seriously hurt many areas of my life. As a result, I found myself in quite a mess.

 Thankfully, God has been redeeming what has been lost and is helping me to heal and move on and slowly clean up the messes in my life.
 
I'm hoping to someday soon have a testimony post to fill you in on the amazing things God has been doing. But today I just want to encourage you to no longer listen to any of the lies that you have been told over the years.
 
 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10 NIV

I have had a healing day. I've thought about different things that I have been told over the years and in turn thought about myself and I've given them to God. Some of them have brought me to tears which tells me that even though I may have heard it 25 years ago, the "wound" still hurts. I ripped off the scab and allowed God to apply His ointment to my wound so it can fully heal and no longer hurt me. 

God wants to heal our hurts. He loves us despite our imperfections. He will use our imperfections to bring Him glory. Praise God!
    
Examine the way you see yourself. Is it how God sees you? I doubt it. Allow yourself to heal and live victoriously.
 
You are beautiful, talented, special, and worthy of God's love and mine!

4 comments:

a kind hearted rebel with a cause said...

a huge AMEN!!!

Stephanie said...

I love you and your heart, Jamie!

Lisa Berg said...

WOW!! You are speaking life and healing in me just writing this. Thank you Jamie. God is changing you every week an your words are being used. You do have such a sweet, sensetive heart. Thank you for posting this.

Kelly Seelow said...

This IS your year Jame!