Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Schedules


Ok, so I'm not much of a schedule person. I'll just say that right away. My kids have never had scheduled feedings or naps or anything really. This has worked rather well for our family simply because my kids go with the flow (of our crazy life) and we're not chained to the house to accomodate their schedules.
With that being said, I also think that schedules can be helpful. I'm starting to see that. So, I've been working on putting together a summer schedule. It's been hard, folks! Not only am I trying to schedule my four kiddos but two days a week I watch 2 other little boys as well.
I'm convinced I can do this (in order to stay sane this summer) but it may take all summer to figure it out.
They all have such different needs and I have certain needs as well (like staying sane - have I mentioned that?). I put together a rough draft today. I know it will change. I also know that I won't stick to it every day because we like to get out of the house as much as we can. But, for those days that we are home, it's good to have a plan in place.
My goal for this summer (besides staying sane) is to get some help from my kids, teach them some responsibility, not waste away our days, and HAVE FUN!! Is that too much to ask?
What about you? Do you have a schedule? What kinds of things do you schedule?

1 comment:

Mary Manning said...

I want to see what your schedule looks like! I'm curious :)