Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Schedule

Because Mary asked, I figured I would show you our "schedule". I use that term loosely.

My disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not a schedule person. You may look at this and think That's ambitious or That's not ambitious enough or That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. That's ok. This is what I think will work best for our family.

We have yet to follow it exactly. Will we ever? Maybe, one perfect day. Unfortunately, when you involve kids, you never know what to expect next. Some days it takes them two hours to finish breakfast; other days, ten minutes.

This is just a guide to get us through our days and add some structure to our lives. You'll notice I also snuck some chores in there. I picked times when their blood sugar levels were at their best hoping for positive results and not 100 I'm hungry's.

I think I've procrastinated long enough. Without further ado, I give you The Schedule:

7:15   Get up
7:30   Breakfast
          Clean up
8:00   Dress, get ready
          Make bed, chore
8:30   Play

9:30   Snack
          Clean up, chore
10:00 Play

11:00  Walk

11:45  Pick up, get ready for lunch
12:00  Lunch
            Clean up, chore
12:45  Get ready for nap/quiet time
1:00     Nap/quiet time

2:00      If older kids cooperated during quiet time, they can play outside while little ones (hopefully) continue to nap
3:00      Snack
             Clean up, chore
3:30      Story time
4:00      Play

5:00      Pick up, get ready for supper
5:30      Supper
             Clean up


8:00      Get ready for bed, 
             TV or stories 
9:00      BEDTIME

Note that this is our Summer schedule. All of the times labeled Play are basically free time to do what they want. In order to encourage them to do their clean up and chores quickly, Play usually comes right after. If they dilly dally, they are taking away from their free time.
It's not perfect but it'll work.
Hope you are having a fabulous summer vacation so far.

1 comment:

Mary Manning said...

Thank you so much for sharing your schedule! Don't worry, I won't ever ask you if you have followed it perfectly... I know it's more of an outline for the day :) I like seeing how other mom's do life with their kids.