Monday, June 27, 2011

How Can You Love Your Children Today?  

Raising children is hard work and a lot of it! Sometimes I get so caught up with the work of parenting that I forget to actually enjoy my children or take time to give them what they need most - my attention.

I came across this on the iMOM website and thought it was a good reminder for those times when i'm preoccupied with "doing for" my children. I need to take time to "care for" them, as well.

*Leave the dishes in the sink and tuck them in bed.
*Turn your computer off and look at your children.
*Turn your phone off and listen to your children.
*Stop what you're doing and go sit by your children.
*Walk across the room and hug your children.
*Kiss them at the door when they get home.
*Never leave an argument without saying "I love you."
*When they ask you to play with them, say "yes," instead of "in a little while."
*Try to understand them; see the world through their eyes.
*Don't let a day go by without giving them a kind word.

-iMOM.com

No comments: