Saturday, January 7, 2012

What I Ate ... and Ate ... and Ate

I struggled the week between Christmas and New Year's. I really thought I'd do ok but it was HARD!! The worst part was the mindless, nervous eating. I didn't anticipate that but I should have. Eating has long been my biggest coping mechanism. I thought I had conquered that but I realized that, most likely, this will be something I will struggle with forever.  

Thankfully, though, this past Tuesday we went back to real life and I went right back to sticking tightly to my points. 

I was disappointed that I was unable to resist snacking on all of the yummy goodness that the holidays bring but I realized that I did WAY better than I have in year's past. So even though I slipped a little, I made better choices this year than I did last year. I hope that next year I make better choices than this year. 

Weight loss is a journey. A long, slow journey full of ups and downs. As long as you ultimately head downward, you are doing great. Even if you stay horizontal for a while, you are doing a good job of keeping yourself from climbing back up. 

This year is going to be an exciting year!  Commit to making good choices. Set mini goals for yourself. I concentrate on 10 lbs at a time. That's all I can handle thinking about. :) Even if you don't meet your goals or things don't go as you want them to, be happy knowing that you have tried your hardest and have made healthy choices. 

I'm so excited for all this year is going to bring. Get excited about your journey, too. Don't just focus on the goal, enjoy the journey as well. Be proud of your accomplishments and hard work. Celebrate (in a non-food way) each loss! 

You deserve to be healthy, happy, and whole! Keep on keepin' on!!! It's all worth it!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are an encouragement Jamie! My workplace has a Maintain, Don't Gain wellness challenge that starts the week of Thanksgiving and ended yesterday. We have six things we need to do each day to earn points but if we have gained more than one pound from our weigh in weight at the beginning of the challenge we don't get the final points. Tomorrow is weigh in day. I think I have made it but we will see!! Rumor has it there is no prize but maintaining my weight and trying to be healthy makes me feel good.

Jamie said...

Wow, that's a great challenge! I hope you do well tomorrow! Let me know how it goes.