Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meatloaf

Around this time of year I start to crave home-cooked, comfort foods. It's cold outside and I want to sit down to a hot meal. I'm sure it also has nothing to do with the fact that in our busyness, for the last month or so, our meals have consisted of fast, convenience foods and way too much snacking on junky food during the holidays. :)

Today's recipe is for my mom's meatloaf. It always hits the spot and the points aren't too bad. I can even sometimes get my kids to eat this. ;)


Meatloaf

1 lb (93/7) ground beef
1/2 lb reduced fat ground pork
2 eggs
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Minced onion

Mix all together. (I like to use my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook attachment to mix my meatloaf.) Form into a meat loaf. Place in a roast pan.

Top with a layer of ketchup and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over that. I always add lots of carrots in the pan, also. 

Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. 

1/8 serving = 7 points plus  

No comments: