Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lemon Bars

I'm always trying to concoct new dessert recipes. They aren't always the BEST tasting but since they are also healthier, I think they make a pretty good substitute.

My mom was recently having a craving for something lemony. I figured I was up for the challenge. Here is what I came up with. My daughter loves them, by the way! (Bonus point :)

Lemon bars 

1 pkg lemon cake mix
1/4 cup light butter, softened
2 egg whites 

Mix together. Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake 350 degrees for about 12 min. until they are slightly browned and puffy. Cool.  

2 pkg. Instant sugar free lemon pudding
2 3/4 cup skim milk

Whisk together for 2 min. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate to set. Top with Cool Whip free. 

Makes 24 bars. 1 bar = 3 pp

No comments: