Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strawberry Pie

For our Fourth of July celebration, I made a strawberry pie. I changed up my usual recipe a bit and made it lighter. Each piece (1/12 of 9x13) ended up being 2 points plus. Wahoo!

Crust

1/2 cup light butter
1 cup flour
2 tsp sugar
2 egg whites

Work together. Press into bottom of 9x13 pan. The dough will sticky and somewhat hard to stretch out to 9x13 but it will work.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 min. I think I undercooked mine a little so make sure it is baked long enough.

When the crust is cooled, cut up strawberries to fill the pan. You can use as much or as little as you like. I filled mine about 2/3 full.

Make 1 large box (.6 oz) sugar free strawberry jello according to directions. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours. Pour over strawberries in pan.

Refrigerate for 4 more hours or until firm.

Top with fat free cool whip or light whipped cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

a kind hearted rebel with a cause said...

Yay! I'm glad you posted this! It was yummy...and I need to focus on shedding some pounds for a possible wedding in December! (yeah...not mine) ;o(