Friday, March 9, 2012

On My Mind ...

I have so much on my mind these days. SO much. They are mostly good, exciting, wonderful things. Some, not so much, but I know God is in control and I am learning to lay it all at His feet - the good and the bad.

Some obvious things are the fact that we are expecting a new little bundle in approximately 2 trimesters. Yes, folks, tomorrow starts my 2nd trimester. Yippy!

I'm excited, nervous, anxious, impatient about our upcoming ultrasound next month. For the first time, we are going to find out what we are having before the baby is born. I'm dying to know but, more importantly, I also want to know that the baby is healthy and growing properly.

I found out this pregnancy that I am AMA (advanced maternal age) because I am delivering at the ripe old age of 35. Because of this I have to have a special high-risk ultrasound. That's just great ...

I'm also thinking about the fact that I will be
welcoming a new baby,
and sending my (hopefully potty trained) just turned 3 year old to preschool one morning a week,
my 5 year old to kindergarten and a new speech teacher,
my 8 year old to 3rd grade,
and my oldest daughter to middle school for her first year (and we don't even know which one yet)
... All.At.The.Same.Time.

Although this is exciting stuff, it also kind of stresses me out. This fall is definitely going to be a new chapter in our lives. It's a lot to think about and prepare for.

To top all of this off, I have another really exciting new thing on my mind that I am dying to share but can't quite yet. It's really great and I can't wait to fill you all in but for now you'll just have to wait and see.

So my mind is a jumble right now. I can't put together a decent blog post to save my life. :) I'm really trying though, I want you to know.

Don't forget to "spring ahead" your clocks Saturday night! That extra hour of sunshine in the evening is also heavily on my mind and the fact that the next week's weather forecast looks amazing!!

Have a super weekend and go kiss your kiddos!


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

No comments: