Thursday, March 15, 2012

Banana Bread

This is my sister's recipe for banana bread. I made some today and simply substituted light butter for regular. I couldn't taste a difference and was amazed at how low the points plus were per serving. I have never really baked with the light butter before and now I am definitely going to try it more.




Banana bread

2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. light butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 c. mashed overripe bananas (5 lg. bananas)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Pour batter into pan.

Bake 350 degrees for 60-65 mins.

Cool for 10 mins.

Enjoy!!

12 servings = 4 pp each

recipe courtesy of Kelly

No comments: