Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pride comes before a fall . . .

This is a motto I try to live by because it is SO true. Yesterday I was reminded of it's truth once again and able to share this with my daughters.
I have to admit I was a little proud of a piece of pottery I painted at A Touch of Glaze (if you've never been there, you need to try it - it's very fun!). Anyway, I thought my little butterfly box I made for my daughters turned out pretty cute. You have to remember that I got a D+ one quarter in art so I'm not exactly what you would call artistic. 
So yesterday I wrapped my "work of art" in a plastic bag and put it in my diaper bag in hopes of stopping by my sister's house to show her how it turned out. I never got there but ended up dragging that thing all over during my crazy day yesterday. When I finally got home after picking up my daughters, I was somewhat frustrated. As I was getting my son out of his car seat and calling my daughters to come and get their backpacks, I grabbed the diaper bag and dropped it down on our driveway. I never do that. As soon as I did, I realized my mistake and went running in the house to check my precious piece of pottery. I unwrapped it and saw that the cover was unharmed (phew - I worked the hardest on that). Then I noticed that the bottom piece was broke into several pieces. Ugh. 
I think the bottom can be super-glued back together so it will still be usable. However, it will also be a good reminder for me and my daughters.  

"The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this:  They will not go unpunished." Proverbs 16:5

No comments: