Wednesday, August 3, 2011

School days, school days ...

Yesterday we went and took care of that dreaded task called "school shopping". As an adult it is way less fun than I remember it being as a kid. Mostly, I'm sure because I'm the one footing the bill.
 
The lists they give out don't help, either. Most of the time the lists are so specific that it is nearly impossible to find what they are asking for.

This year was better. The lists weren't as specific and I think I've loosened up a bit. I've realized that if I can't find yellow 1 1/2 x 2" post-its, multi-color 1 3/8 x 1 7/8" post-its will do. (Do you see how you could drive yourself crazy?)

Anyway, this year the girls were able to pick out any color notebooks and folders they wanted (instead of 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 eggplant ...). This was exciting. It was even more exciting because at Wal-mart they have Dayspring notebooks, folders, binders, and pencil cases with Bible verses and Christian sayings on them.


I almost dropped over when I saw them mixed in with the other school supplies. How cool is that?? I think it's very cool.
 

I always feel like they are trying to push God out of schools. I was thrilled to see these simple school supplies promoting God's love and Word.



My kids thought it was pretty cool, too. They bought a couple of Dayspring items along with their sparkly unicorn, panda bear, and other fun, girly stuff.

  

Thank you, Dayspring, for helping my girls shine their lights a little brighter in their schools!

Go check it out, and buy some so Wal-mart knows we like it, we like it a lot!




**I also bought Soul Surfer on DVD yesterday. Check that out, too.**


Disclaimer: No one is compensating me for my opinion. I have no stock in Wal-mart, Dayspring or Soul Surfer. I only have stock in the kingdom of God. 

No comments: