Friday, April 6, 2012

My Life As a Working Mom

This month I would like to introduce you to my friend, Jessica, as our guest blogger. Jessica is a busy mom of 3 adorable kids and still finds time to be a caring friend and a beautiful person - inside and out.

***********************************************

Balance

by Jessica

I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful kids, a new home, a great job and much more. However, I still find it hard to balance everything I have going on in my life.

My days start at 4AM. I wake up, hurry and take a quick shower and get ready while listening to the baby monitor praying I can just get ready in peace quick before someone gets up.

I then get my 3 year old up, drag him out of bed (literally) and try to get him dressed. This task usually ends in a full blown temper tantrum as he wants to wear his Spiderman shirt that he wore 4 times already this week. I am too tired so I give up and give in. I get him breakfast and occupied while I get the baby up.

When I wake her up, she is all smiles ear to ear and my heart melts all over again. I get her dressed, make her bottle, feed her, pack her diaper bag and get her ready to go in the car seat. She hates the car seat so is now screaming. My son is also screaming at this point as he wants to put his shoes on himself and doesn’t want to wear a jacket - again, another temper tantrum.

While both of them are crying, my husband comes downstairs to take the little ones to daycare. At this point, he has completely no idea how stressed I already am and it's only 6AM.

They leave, and then I get my oldest daughter up. She too doesn’t want to wear a jacket, wants to wear a skirt and sandals and it's still cool out. I again give up and give in.

Time for me to go to work! After a long day of work which often times includes travel, I come home to make dinner, do homework, do laundry, give baths, make lunches for the next day, put kids to bed and fall on the couch dead tired.

All to do it again the next day.

Something I've been working through lately is balance in my life. I feel as though I run at 150 miles per hour throughout my day and at the end of the day, I look back and think wow, I really missed some of those special moments with the kids or my husband because I was too worried about what was going to happen next or folding the laundry or trying to count calories (which is another story in itself).

The point is, I don’t want my life to pass me by. We need to learn to stop during our crazy busy days and just enjoy those special moments that God has placed there. Whether you are trying to balance kids, work, relationships, etc - I've learned that all that "stuff" is always going to be there and it's our reality. I'm working on balancing my work and home life and all the other things that come with it.

And one of the most important things I've learned lately, is that I cannot do it on my own! I often try, but God has really reminded me lately that I don't need to - I can rest in Him! That is so amazing and he wants to take the burdens from us, we just need to let go and let Him
!

****************************************************

Thank you for sharing, Jessica! I think those are important words for every mother. We don't need to go it alone. God wants to walk along beside us as we go.

Thank you to every mom who has shared over the past few months! I have really enjoyed getting to know each of you a little better. :)

As always, if you would like to share your story, let me know!

2 comments:

Kelly Seelow said...

I'm tired just reading this! You lost me at 4am ;) I think you are an amazing mom Jessica!

Lisa Berg said...

You are such a hard worker and you do so much for your family! Wow, its pretty amazing you can do this day in and day out and not be falling asleep at dinner :) Love you Jess!