Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Introducing ...


I am thrilled to tell you about a new ministry at Waukesha First Assembly. It is called Nurture and it is for moms like you!

"Nurture seeks to support moms from pregnancy through the elementary years by providing opportunities to create community through fellowship, playdates, chats over coffee, Bible studies, and other activities."

Our desire is to support moms as they navigate the early years of motherhood.

The definition of the word nurture is "to feed and care for during growth." I love that!

Obviously, that is the role of a mother with her children but we would like to take that one step further and "nurture" our moms as well.

Please keep this new ministry in your prayers. Pray for me, as well, because I am heading up this brand new ministry at our church. I am super excited but somewhat overwhelmed at the same time.

As part of Nurture, I will be opening up one of our usual twice a month playdates to include all of the moms of WFA and their friends. The playdate on Friday, April 27 was supposed to be our first Nurture playdate (which is why it is so special :). Due to some timing issues, this may be our un-official first Nurture playdate. :)

We are introducing Nurture at WFA on Mother's Day and so I think Monday, May 21 will be our "official" first one.

Please do me a favor, though, and start inviting moms to the playdate on April 27 - your friends, your kids' friends' moms, moms you see at church. This ministry is based through WFA but it is not exclusive to only moms who attend there. Let's start getting the word out.

We have many other fun things planned but I will wait to fill you all in.

Thank you for your prayers and support! I really hope Nurture is a blessing in your life!!


No comments: