Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feeling Like a Failure

I know you were expecting a recipe today because it's Thursday. I don't have one for you.

I'm having a hard time this week with feeling like a failure. I've been feeling stretched too thin and, with my fragile emotions, ready to break.

It's been birthday week around here. My hubby's birthday was the other day and my daughter's is today. I'm trying to be excited and fun but I. Just. Can't. I'm exhausted ... like really exhausted. I hate it.

Pregnancy really knocks me on my butt. I thought this time would be different and I'm trying REALLY hard to make it different but I'm finding myself slip back into old patterns.

I feel bad because I just can't keep up. My housework, laundry, this blog, everything seems to be falling way behind (more behind than usual). I keep telling myself that soon this hard part will be over and things will get better - I hope.

Wow, what a downer of a post. Sorry. I think I just needed to get that out. I apologize if my blog posts are sporadic and somewhat lacking. But right now, it's just the way it is.


To end this on a lighter, very meaningless way, I went shopping for maternity jeans today. Wow, have they changed over the years. I haven't really shopped for actual maternity clothes for several pregnancies. Because I was so heavy to start, I could pretty much just wear my regular, baggy clothes.

This time around, I am down to ONE pair of pants that fit comfortably. I'm getting kind of sick of them. But I haven't really wanted to drag myself out shopping either (that should show you just how exhausted I am. I LOVE to shop!).

So today I was out buying my daughter's birthday present and decided to look at Target while I was there. They had one type of maternity jeans. Why is it that when I'm not pregnant, the maternity selection in stores is huge and adorable. As soon as I am, they offer NOTHING!!

Anyway, I discovered that my legs and bottom are obviously a size or two smaller than my midsection (yay for being a mom!). So, I am able to wear a size or two smaller in maternity jeans. Totally awesome! I think I just might keep shopping in the maternity section from now on. The selection will be terrible but who cares when you can buy a smaller size?!? Just kidding ... I think.

Have a great Groundhogs Day!! Celebrate the fact that we only have 6 more weeks of winter!! Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I've felt like that exhausted pregnant lady so many times (even when I'm not pregnant). Your honesty is so refreshing. I find myself comforted by your blog often. You're an inspiration just by being yourself. :)