Friday, December 23, 2011

Our Christmas Tradition ...

by Sara Waltz

My mom used to spend money and time making gift tags for each gift placed under our Christmas tree.  Then one year, the tradition changed and has stuck with our family ever since.  

Each family member has their own Christmas wrapping paper.  This began when my brother and I were younger and has continued on to my children.  

The kids help pick out their wrapping paper, or they help pick out each other's.  This eliminates the need for tags and prevents gift tags from being "lost."  It also helps younger children know which gifts are theirs.  Even when Eliana was a year old, she knew which gifts were hers simply by looking for her "special" wrapping paper.
 
We have continued the tradition at our house as well.  My husband has his own wrapping paper, and Nolan and Eliana have theirs.  Now, if I can just convince my husband to find some fun wrapping paper for me :)

No comments: