Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Vacation

Hello, Summer! -- (A Last Day of School Poem)
by
Gregory K.


Goodbye, classroom!
Goodbye, Teach!
You can find me at the beach...
Or in the park or at the pool
Or any place that isn’t school.

Goodbye, quizzes!
Bye, reports!
Hello days packed full of sports
And days when I’m just lazybones
While eating melty ice cream cones.

Goodbye, homework --
Lunchroom, too.
There’s so, so much I wanna do.
I know the school year flew on past…
But please, please summer -- last and last.


Summer Vacation
by Jamie (in honor of Mommies everywhere)

Hello, children
Darlings each.
Let's all head out for the beach
Or to the park or to the pool
Or anyplace that's really cool.

Hello, fighting
Hello, stress
Why is this house such a mess?
I cannot think with all this noise.
Girls, please separate from the boys.

Goodbye, Sanity
And freedom, too.
I can't think of new activities to do.
I know the school year flew by fast
So please, PLEASE summer - don't last and last!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HahHahhhaa! I love yours, Jamie!